Saturday, October 20, 2012

Draft Project -4

Draft Project 4

All Photos taken with a Canon EOS Digital Rebel

Photo Set ONE

For this project I chose to use part of my large frog collection. I covered the back and seat of my couch and used the edge of the cushion to stabilize the camera.  The frogs as they are lined up have basically no room between them- maybe 1/4 inch at most. Some of the pictures might be improved by having more space between the objects.

Photo One:
Take one image that shows an object in the foreground in focus and other objects in the background that are not in focus.  
I was able to achieve this with the below mentioned settings on the camera. By having a smaller F-stop, there is a shallow depth of field.


Exposure Program:  Manual
F-Stop:                      f/5.6       
ISO:                           200
Exposure Time:        1/60
Focal Length:            55mm
Flash fired


Photo Two:
Take a second photo of the same area in which the middle area of the field (between the foreground and background) is in sharpest focus and other areas (foreground and background) are not in focus.  



Exposure Program:  Manual
F-Stop:                      f/6.3 
ISO:                           200
Exposure Time:        1/50
Focal Length:            55mm
Flash fired


Photo Three:

Take a third photo of the same objects in which the area in the background is in sharpest focus, but other areas are not in focus.
This picture shows the frog in the background and the third frog the clearest.  The first frog is rather blurry and when you look at the 'jewels' on the second frog you can see that it is also blurry.  I honestly don't know what to do with the settings to improve this photo and make the back object clear with the rest being out of focus.


Exposure Program:  Manual
F-Stop:                      f/11 
ISO:                           200
Exposure Time:        1/100
Focal Length:           55mm
Flash fired


Photo Four:
Take a final photo of the same area in which all objects, (in the foreground, mid-ground and background) are in focus. 
This picture shows all 4 objects mostly in focus.  The back 2 frogs are not as focused as the front two.  I used auto focus so maybe I should have tried manual focus.  


Exposure Program:  Manual
F-Stop:                      f/36
ISO:                          200
Exposure Time:       1
Focal Length:           55mm
Flash fired.

Photo Set TWO

The first photo should show a background that is cluttered and distracting and the second photo should show a more smooth and less distracting background. 

For these two photos, I wanted to have an object that contrasted/clashed with the background and then reduce the distraction of the background.  I appreciate any feedback on how to make the background even more out of focus for the second picture. 


Exposure Program:  Manual
F-Stop:                      f/22
ISO:                           200
Exposure Time:        200
Focal Length:            55mm
Flash Fired


Exposure Program:  Manual
F-Stop:                      f/5.6
ISO:                           200
Exposure Time:        1/125 
Focal Length:            55mm
Flash fired


No comments:

Post a Comment